In light of my recent travels this year, here are my top 7 favorite things to bring along in my carry on! Since it’s not always easy to narrow things down!
1. Eyelash Curler. It might sound silly, but you ARE allowed to pack them on a carry on, which is a wonderful thing. I can live with out a lot of things … my eyelash curler is not one of them.
2. SOCKS. There are few things grosser than having to take off your shoes for security and having to walk barefooted til you get through.
3. Gaiam yoga socks/fingerless gloves. You can find these at Target for a decent price. Another option (which I have not personally tried, but want to) are Yoga Paws. Basically just to have something grippy on your palms and feet, so you can still practice at the hotel, but you don’t have to lug your mat on the plane. Plus, they actually work great!
4. Norwex Body Cloth & Fresh Soy Face Cleanser (1.7 oz). Some hotels (like the Hilton Garden Inn) do actually provide you with make up remover, along with the lotions, shampoos, and conditioners. However, it’s not always aguarantee that where you are staying will. That’s why I like to have these two things handy – they don’t take up a lot of space in my carry on (like my huge packs of make-up wipes) and they’re better for your face anyway.
5. OGX Argan Oil of Morocco (3.3 oz). I usually like to put Coconut Oil in my hair, but I can’t exactly lug my big ol’ tub of coconut oil around. It doesn’t work quite as well, but this little bottle gets through security AND hydrates my hair. It gets the job done, at least for a few days.
6. Tennis shoes & Yoga pants. Even if you’re going on a trip for business and you don’t think you’ll have any time to workout, it’s good to have these things juuuuust in case. It’s better to have them if you want them, than to decide you want them and not have them.
7. BareMinerals Illuminating Mineral Veil. I love to use this stuff anyway, but I like to use this in place of dry shampoo when I travel. Instead of buying little travel sized dry shampoos, I prefer to just use something that will already be in my makeup bag anyway. Plus, since this stuff is illuminating, it not only does the trick of absorbing the oils, but it adds a little shimmer (which is nice for me as a blonde, because my roots start to look dark and icky when they’re oily .. so the shimmer lightens up the oiliness)
So, these are just a few things that keep me going (and my bag LIGHT) while traveling! What about you? What are your favorite on-the-go products?